Friday, July 11, 2008

Opera Stuff

I recently came across an issue in Opera that could allow for some bad stuff.  Although the issue has been addressed, I've been asked by the Opera security team to hold off on details until they can fully investigate other possibly related issues.  I'll respect that request.  I do however, want to take a moment to thank the Opera team for their timely response!  Change control, resource allocation, and devoting the appropriate amount of testing to patches for sophisticated applications is a tricky business.  The Opera team responded quickly with a patch and kept in great contact with me throughout the process.  

 

It's a crazy world out there and the web browser is the window to the wild wild west.  I wish Opera security team the best of luck!

1 comment:

  1. Gottta love responsible vendors. Well done to Opera indeed. Congrats on your recent marriage, Billy. All the best.

    ReplyDelete