Wednesday, September 3, 2008

IE8b2 XSS Filter

I run a number of different browsers, for various reasons.  I was once even called a “browserholic” by a colleague!   I pulled down IE8b2 when it went live a week ago.  I don’t want to talk about the myriad of security features or browsing features as I think they’ve been covered in detail by many different sources, but I do want to mention one security feature… XSS Filter

XSS Filter was created by David Ross… he’s one of the smartest guys I’ve ever met.  In addition to being super smart, there is a certain boldness needed to take the lead in developing Internet Explorer’s built-in defense for the bane of the web.  David asked a number of security pros around the world to take a look at XSS Filter and I’m honored to have been asked to help.  You can see some of the names of those who participated in XSS-Filter’s creation here.


Thanks David and CONGRATS on the release!


Some technical details with regards to XSS-Filter can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. [...] IE8b2 XSS Filter (Billy (BK) Rios) I just heard the first reason to take a look at IE8. I wonder how effective/ hackproof this anti-XSS filter really is? (tags: security microsoft internetexplorer xss) [...]

    ReplyDelete